Avenue de la Toison d'Or 67
Phone: +32(0)2 772.72.81
Fax: +32(0)2 770.53.86
Society of Environmental
Toxicology and Chemistry
On Sunday 15 May 2011, a range of half- and full-day short courses will be scheduled prior to the opening of the congress.
The purpose of short courses at SETAC Annual Meetings is to provide educational opportunities to the membership and our guests. Teaching a short course also provides an excellent opportunity for getting to know (young) people working in the same field of interest and thus forming networks.
The following short courses are scheduled on Sunday 15 May 2011:
Half day courses:
1. Linking community data and exposure for mesocosms and field investigations*
2. The International Reference Life Cycle Data System (ILCD) Handbook
3. Use of QSAR models for REACH: practical use of the CAESAR and US EPA T.E.S.T models*
4. Aquatic Toxicology in vitro: methods and applications for fish
5. The Endocrine System: The Good, The Bad, and The Regulations
6. Characterisation of nanoparticles in the framework of ecotoxicological studies
7. Absorption - distribution - biotransformation - excretion of xenobiotics with emphasis on mechanism of toxicant action CANCELLED
8. Marine risk assessment of chemicals and pharmaceuticals: the state-of -the-science
9a. Introduction to statistical methods in ecotoxicology using R*
9b. Advanced statistical methods in ecotoxicology using R*
Full day courses:
9. Statistical methods in ecotoxicology using R* (9a + 9b)
10. MODELKEY DSS: a Weight of Evidence approach for the ecological status evaluation according to WFD requirements* CANCELLED
11. How to best conduct aquatic ecotoxicity tests according to the International Guidelines
13. PETROTOX and PETRORISK: tools for performing environmental hazard and risk assessments for petroleum substances CANCELLED
14. Bayesian statistical methods in ecotoxicology*
15. Implementation of environmental quality standards for metals in the aquatic environment in the EU: legislation, derivation, compliance and lessons learnt* CANCELLED
16. Integrate spatially explicit risks of contaminants in land management using the BERISP decision support system* CANCELLED
17. The discovery of mechanism based biomarkers using “omics” technologies: a bioinformatics prospective* CANCELLED
18. Population models for ecological risk assessment: introduction to the documentation framework TRACE*
19. Current registration requirements for ecological risk assessment of crop protection products in the EU and India
20. Ecological Risk Assessment and Management - Processes and Applications
* Participants should bring their own laptop to this course.
For more details, please download the pdf overview of the short course descriptions.
|Regular participant||Student participant|
|SETAC member||Non-member||SETAC member||Non-member|
|Full day course||€ 241||€ 370||€ 106||€ 163|
|Half day course||€ 178||€ 260||€ 78||€ 114|
Registration fee includes attendance of the course, course materials, coffee break(s) and lunch (for full day courses).
You can register for one of the short courses together with your registration for the meeting (register here). You can register for a short course only by filling out this form and returning it to the SETAC Europe Office. Already registered for the meeting? You can still register for a short course by e-mailing Rita De Koninck.